|Title:||Java Programmer - Philippines|
Emerald Associates is a Canadian Oracle Platinum Partner - Cloud Standard. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we have specialized in Oracle Engineering and Construction (formerly Primavera) suite for over 23 years.
We take a best-of-breed, highly integrated and automated approach to drive project management excellence with our clients that includes many Emerald proprietary solutions.
We are actively looking for Full Cycle Java Developers in a full-time capacity to join our team in all of our locations including Canada, USA, Brazil, Philippines, Belarus.
Qualified candidates with success working remotely will be considered, regardless of geographical proximity.
The Role - Java Programmer - Integration SpecialistAs part of our programming and technology delivery team you will work with functional and technical project management leaders to deliver where your unique contributions make a difference to our corporate and client success.
You will work on a diverse portfolio of products and bespoke software in the project management space, including standalone Emerald products, add-ons to the Oracle Engineering and Construction suite of products, and system integrations and visualizations for clients. You will proactively be contributing to the full software development life cycle involving application analysis/design, coding, testing, documentation, deployment, and post-production verification and support; seeing your work product through to completion.
The ideal candidate is a highly collaborative, proactive self-starter with experience delivering in fast-paced customer driven project environments.
Who you are:
- You are highly organized and take charge of deliverables
- You see potential issues before they arise
- You remove obstacles and roadblocks to deliver on-time
- You thrive on solving problems
- You design with innovation in mind
- You love learning and thrive on collaboration
- You pick up new concepts easily
- You write clean, re-usable code
- You communicate with ease - both written and verbal
- You know that team success is the only success; mentoring, self-critiquing, collaborating and leading are your passion
- Work on new and existing software. Proprietary, third party and client specific
- Develop new code as well as maintain, update and upgrade existing software including:
- Libraries and APIs
- Web applications
- Web services
- Enterprise integrations
- Plugins and add-ons to existing tools
- Reporting and graphical visualization
- Design and collaborate with team member to deliver quality solutions
- Contribute new ideas to drive continuous improvement
Some of our tools:
- Java 8
- IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate
- Git, GitLab
- Nexus, Maven
- Java Libraries: Google Guava, Apache Commons, FreeMarker, Apache Wicket, Spring IoC
- Excelsior JET
- Oracle, SQL Server
- SQL Developer
- Oracle Primavera P6-EPPM, Oracle Unifier, Oracle OPPM, OBIEE, Oracle Data Visualization
- Quip, HipChat, ZOHO
The Skills & Requirements
- Fluency in the English language, both written and spoken
- Degree or diploma in computer science or a related discipline
- 3-5+ years of Java development experience
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience designing, programming and delivering applications
- Experience developing rich web applications
- Experience developing cloud applications
- Experience with Spring and Wicket
- Working knowledge of PL/SQL / T-SQL
- Experience with the Linux shell
- Experience working remotely
If you are driven, collaborative, innovative, and love working with a great team to deliver on new challenges - Apply today!